As we turn the page to 2018, here are some of my top tips for getting a great start on the new year:
- Clear your space. To feel fresh and energized, the last thing we want to be surrounded by is clutter.
- Create “I am” statements. Use the power of your Reticular Activating System – part of the brain stem – to reinforce intentions with positive affirmations!
- Plan something to look forward to. If you don’t put it on the calendar, time will pass by before we can say “succotash.” Prioritize play, happiness, and wellbeing.
- Identify those who lift you up. We are most like the 5 people that we spend the most time with.
- Create healthy morning and evening habits. Each time we make a choice, we are forced to exert energy. When we turn something into a habit, we change our patterns.
Live boldly and create a 2018 filled with adventures, failures, success, and lightheartedness! We leave behind joy when we take life too seriously…plus we’re 31% more productive when happy. So for efficiency’s sake, have fun!
Ready for more? Check out Heather’s audio guide to help improve your calendaring and time management skills.